IGTV – Instagram Debuts New Stand-Alone Video App
Five years after the launch of video, Instagram introduces IGTV. They believe it’s the the next generation of video. The new app is designed for watching long-form, full-screen vertical videos from your favourite Instagram creators. The videos can be up to an hour long and can also be viewed from within the main Instagram app. While there’s a stand-alone IGTV app, you’ll also be able to watch from within the Instagram app.
IGTV is different in a few ways:i
- Videos aren’t limited to one minute. Instead, each video can be up to an hour long.
- It’s built for how you actually use your phone, so videos are full screen and vertical.
- Just like turning on the TV, IGTV starts playing as soon as you open the app. You don’t have to search to start watching content from people you already follow on Instagram and others you might like based on your interests.
- Also like TV, IGTV has channels. But, in IGTV, the creators are the channels. When you follow a creator on Instagram, their IGTV channel will show up for you to watch.
- Anyone can be a creator — you can upload your own IGTV videos in the app or on the web to start your own channel.
What does this mean for your business or organisation? Since Instagram is currently the most engaging social media platform, you now have more time to introduce extra value to your audience. By 2021, mobile video will account for 78% of total mobile data traffic, so why not seize the moment?
7th June 2018
3rd October 2017